Do you have a little corner in your brain were you put away items labeled as “Won’t look good”? Because I do. A lot! And it’s time to let go off them, one by one.
I was more on the tomboy-ish side while growing up. I am still, to be true. Loving my pajamas and loose comfy clothes more than anything! But, at the same time, I have started liking to dress up or should I say “dolled”up for occasions. I barely used make-up in my life . The only thing I know how to use is a kajal/eye liner and lipstick till today, which thankfully my friends taught me. P.s. the reason why you never see me in make-up.
Jeans are my first love. Then comes the trousers, shorts; but, a skirt!? It was no where near the list! The only time I wore a skirt was to school as a part of uniform and I could not avoid it. My list of items which I barely wore is pretty long. And so, going to a fashion college where people wore all kinds of clothes was a bit weird. Luckily, my confident to wear whatever I feel like and not bothered by what people “expected” me to wear came in handy at that phase. It’s not that I did not like skirts, it’s just that I never thought I will like wearing them. In our first module, the first thing we learn to stitch is a skirt: a circular skirt along with some variations.
The first thing, you completely stitch on your own, is always special. I made 2 skirts at that time. And that excitement made me wear skirt for the first time. Though, it was only at home. Even after that, I never bought one. My cousin sister gifted me a skirt and I felt so cute in that; the one I did my blog post Vintage love. Well, looks like it’s out of the list now.
Why it’s good to let go off the list!??
- Because you never know what may suit you the best; you deserve to look amazing!
- Because it’s the first step towards change and will definitely help you grow personally. A perfect mood booster. ” New you, new beginnings”, right?
- It will help you choose better or even make mistakes. But we all learn from them.
- Because you are never getting any younger. Better sorry than never.
- It’s time to let go off your insecurities. Cherish your body. Keep it fabulous and fashionable 😉
- Because you never know what your signature style could have been. Experiment!!
- It’s your time to flaunt what you have got. It could be anything.
- Fashion is all about trying something new and different.
- Because you want to see the best version of yourself in the mirror the next time!!
- Because somewhere you knew that you always wanted to. Go on! Try it.
I hand-painted this skirt which you can too! Get tips from my last blog post My first try: Paint a t-shirt (D.I.Y)
I believe my pictures says it all. I am very happy with my decision to let it go. Try it out! We all need a little motivation sometimes. In case you try something new, don’t forget to tag me in your photos! I would love to see them.
I hope you also loved this skirt on me as much as I am loving it right now!!
If you liked it, subscribe to my blog to receive weekly updates! Also, follow me on Instagram and Facebook to keep updated. 🙂 Link on homepage.